6.06.2011

garden wear


as i continue with my closet cleanout and cleanup, i'm realizing some of the major fails of my current wardrobe that i want to kick into shape.  lately, i have been struggling with what to wear for work. basically,  i'm in a jeans and t-shirt rut, and i need inspiration to get out of it.  

i'm a landscape designer and i run my own studio so i spend the majority of my days around plants and soil, building materials, and contractors.  i'm in and out of construction sites and wholesale nurseries, but i'm also around clients, going in and out of design meetings and site visits and i don't want to look like a slob.  at the end of the day, however, my shoes are dirty and my fingernails are too.  there is no room for dainty or precious (or white!) in my day to day, but i need to look sharp and pulled together (even when covered with a layer of fertilizer)... "dirty chic" as i like to call it.

i'm quite intrigued by what i have read and seen about landscape designer (and vogue contributor) miranda brooks pictured above.  not only is she a very talented designer, but she has great style.  i even read that she has been known to get down and dirty weeding out her flower beds in her manolos...

(images of miranda brooks and her designs)

No comments:

Post a Comment